How to Turn On the GX 160 Gasoline Engine – Every machine must have a different way of turning it on. This is due to the principle of work that differs from one machine to another. So there are differences in how to turn on and operate it. In this article, we will explain how to turn on the GX 160 gasoline engine.
The GX 160 engine is a gasoline engine. This machine is widely used to operate tools that require a source of propulsion, such as compressor machines, water pump machines, boat machines, and some industrial machinery.
For beginners who will try to start this GX 160 engine, you must know the correct guidelines so that things do not happen that are not desirable. To start the GX 160 engine there is no need to expend excessive power. Because it only needs a little beat at the beginning of the withdrawal of the starter recoil. For more details, please refer to the following guide on how to turn on the correct GX 160 gasoline engine.
How to Turn On the GX 160 Gasoline Engine
Before starting the GX 160 engine, the first step is to check the fuel and lubricating oil. Because, if a new engine is purchased, it is usually still empty without fuel and lubricating oil. Well, after the fuel and lubricating oil are filled, please follow the steps how to start the GX 160 engine below.
- The first thing to do before starting the GX 160 engine is to fill the engine lubricant oil. The capacity of lubricating oil in the GX 160 engine is 600 ml or 0.6 liters. Fill the engine oil from the filling hole located on the front side of the engine. Use a funnel to make it easier in the process of filling engine oil.
- Fill the gasoline into the fuel tank. The fuel tank of this engine is able to hold about 4 liters of gasoline. However, if you only do a test to start the engine, we can simply refuel gasoline as much as 1 liter.
- After filling gasoline and lubricating oil, open the fuel faucet that is in the carburetor so that the fuel in the gasoline tank flows into the carburetor.
- Close the carburetor choke by sliding the choke lever backwards. This choke lever is located just above the fuel faucet on the carburetor. And on top of this choke lever there is usually a picture of the choke open/close direction symbol. But there are some good brands of machines without having to close the choke first.
- After that, press the switch button to the ON position. The switch on the GX 160 engine is located on the front side of the engine, precisely under the fuel tank.
- Then hold the starter recoil handle and pull it firmly. Once the machine is on, immediately reopen the choke that has been closed before.
This is the guide on how to start the GX 160 gasoline engine. Do not start this GX 160 engine without the correct guidance. Because it can cause the machine not to turn on. Good luck.