How to Replace Crank Pin Metal Diesel Engine – This post will talk about how to replace and install crank pin metal on diesel engines. What’s the step-lag? Check out this article to the end.
Crank pin metal is a diesel engine part located on a piston stalk. The metal function of the road itself is as a place of friction between the piston stalk and crank shaft. Therefore, this road metal will wear out if the engine oil on the diesel engine is reduced.
Features of Damaged Crank Pin Metal Diesel
The effect that occurs when crank pin metal has been damaged is that the diesel engine sounds rough when the diesel engine is turned on. The sound will be heard loudly from the inside of the diesel engine.
In addition, the characteristics of severely damaged crank pin metal damage can be seen from diesel engines that cannot be cranked at all or jammed. If the diesel engine gets jammed, then the crankshaft should be lathed.
Therefore, engine oil checks on diesel engines should be carried out regularly. So that the crank pin metal does not cause damage. However, if there is damage to the road metal, it is necessary to replace the road metal to the size that corresponds to the old crank pin metal.
To replace the damaged crank pin metal, it is necessary to disassembly the diesel engine to install the crank pin metal. Here are the steps on how to replace and install crank pin metal on diesel engines.
How to Replace Crank Pin Metal On Diesel Engines
- Remove the head cylinder part and all the parts attached to the head cylinder such as air filter, exhaust, rocker arm, and others.
- Open the rear cover of the diesel engine.
- Remove both piston stalk locking bolts. Then take the piston stalk cleavage.
- Remove the piston by pressing from the inside out using wood so that the piston stalk is not wound.
- Take the crank pin metal that is on the piston stalk by gouging with a min screwdriver (-).
- Attach a new crank pin metal of the same size to the crank pin metal to be replaced. For example if it’s still standard (0.00), then replace it with a standard size as well.
- Gently reatta up the piston so that the crank pin metal does not detach.
- Attach and fasten the piston stalk locking bolt again. Then also install the rear cap of the machine.
- Attach all previously removed parts to the head cylinder section. Finished
This is the explanation of how to replace crank pin metal diesel engines. May this article be useful.
More Articles :